- Another Little Knitting Conundrum!
- Sneeky Peek – “Tell Them Of Us” Knits
- When Do We Say Tassel or Fringe!?
- Fun Without Yarn!
- One Step Too Far!?
- Another Knitted Shawl Finshed
- Just A Few Projects
- Learning To Knit & Choosing Yarn!
- We Have Stripes!
- Villager Shawl Is Coming Along
- Vintage Shawl on Filming Day!
- Shawl for WW1 film Finshed!
- Help For History Film
- Slow Post, Shawls and Lush Yarn
- Knitted Shawl For ww1 Film
- I’m Glad That Week Is Over!
- Nearly 3 and Knitting!
- A Quick Update!
- Trusting Myself With My Knitting!
- Slow Progress!
- Started The Jumper But Already Changed My Plan!
- Little Pixie Stealing My Knitting!
- Knitting Two Items At A Time In The Round,Seamless
- Increasing Knitting With “Kfb” for My Blood Droplet
- Free Pattern To Save Lives!
- Maybe Somthing For Myself!?
- Replicating A Knitted Garment
- Happy Christmas and a Happy New Year
- Am I Prepared!?
- Hectic Week Ripping Back My Knitting!
- Lost Stockings!
- I am my own worst enemy!
- Why does my son have to count down!!
- The One Thing I Never Have!
- Mssing Items
- Getting More Back Than You Put In!
- Last Year I Got My Wish!
- Projects For You?
- which way to knit a scarf with letters
- Go On Pick Up That Extra Yarn!!
- Tiny hand warmers for 2year olds on circular needles
- 2year old choosing a project!
- Knitting Summer Vest into winter Jumper
- Big Hats for Innocents Campaign
- Remembrance day is about war!?
- That Darn Scarf!
- Children knit now and then
- package of wool for ww1 knitting
- When you run out of yarn!
- A Knitting Dilemma!
- Now I can not deny I am an obsessed geek!
- Free knitting Pattern, Boobies for mums (and mum’s to be)
- Learning somthing new, crochet
- Best way to Rip back knitting!
- My number one mess and hassle free way to keep my son quiet
- Positvity from knitting and crafts
- My view while I knit
- My second ever project! “just a phase!”
- My witch to go with the turnip!
- Child is ill
- “It’s too early to think about Christmas!!”
- How to Knit Vertical Stripes
- ancient greek day costume!
- we all cast on in different ways!
- Knitting together and casting off at the same time
- It’s meant to be a cauldron!
- Finishing chain stitch! Forgetfull Me!
- How to do chain stitch quicker
- chain stitch, and the morning with my son!
- how many projects can one have!?
- Free pattern for a good cause
- That son of mine, helping to raise money
- We don’t do seams!
- homework! with my barmy son!
- Here we are
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Vertical striped stocking stitch blanket
April 14th, 2016
The other day I posted about a Vertical striped blankets I made
These are very easy to make; the way I did this was by knitting up a series of tubes. This made the blanket double thickness – very snug and warm!
I love knitting in the round so these were perfect, I often knit hand warmers in the round and looking at two of my children’s hand warmers together looked good.
I think I used about 22 stitches (the same as the hand warmers) though I think I used bigger needles.
Then I took the tubes and sewed them together making it look seamless- this is how I did it.
do this on both pieces of work, picking up each ‘bar’ along the row.
push needle trough
This blanket has gotten me thinking, you could use strips of loom knitting to get the same affect?
by Juniper Askew
Get in touch through one of my many social media pages or by email to ask questions or tell me about your knitting.